Monday, August 30, 2010

A Perfect Day!


1. I woke to the smell of rain.... damp, piney rain. I was completely socked in with fog. Over the course of 3 cups of coffee, I watched the shrouds slowly lift from the mountains and readjust themselves as the weather moved.


2. the temperature is in the low 50's so I am wearing my favorite clothes (jeans, Fishtail Mt sweatshirt, boots) and have a roaring fire.


3. Kaite and Ally came over for hot chocolate and neighborhood "bidness."


4. Laurie, the postmistress, called to say that letter I was looking for had come in.


4. I drove to Columbus (45 minutes away) to visit the county courthouse to .... ta dum... register my car!!!!!! and register the warranty deed for the river lot that our neighborhood owns. The county clerk opens this enormous book and I see that ownership for every bit of land is handwritten. It was like being in Mayberry. The nice clerk wearing a pink jacket and blue hair just chatted away with me..... and I complimented her on the lovely knickknacks on her desk.


5. I was going to stop by Potter's Rock and Coffee shop for a latte... but forgot that he always takes a nap after lunch so the place does not reopen until after two.
6. Evan came over and we made plans for my new clothes line.... yes! I hang the clothes out to dry in the sun.
7. I have enough dry firewood to keep the fire going all night..... what more could I want?

1 comment: