Friday, June 11, 2010

Welcome to Green Acres - Big Sky


Well, the mass emails go to spam which I assume is not an editorial comment. So, I have decided to resume blogging after a lengthy hiatus. This chronicles my hapless adventures in home improvement as well as life in a small Montana town. My non d'plume? The Dudette


Today I learned the lesson of patience. Well, at least I was given the opportunity to learn that lesson. Unlike life in Hotlanta where you can hire someone to do ANYTHING at your house from roof repair to decorating the Christmas tree, Montana is the land of do-it-yourself because there ain't no one else. So, time to stain the deck. It rained last night but the sky was looking blue this morning. The weedwhacker was jammed so I decided that staining the deck was a great plan. The extendo roller kept collapsing. The stain dribbled all over my pants. My fingers were stuck together. and clouds appeared in the sky. Time to read directions. "Be sure to use stain when rain is not expected for at least 24 hours." shit. Not only that, a helpful neighbor pointed out that it is best to let the deck dry out from the previous day's rain. double shit.


Local color? YES! Book your tickets west as "Christ Clowns from the Life in Christ Circus are coming to Stillwater County." I just can't imagine Jesus with a Bozo wig. I will have to say that part of me really wants to go.... I just can't imagine.


Or, consider the Anipro Arena Spring Consignment Auction on June 19th!! Were you looking for a MVE 3523 semen tank? Perhaps a steak cuber or meat saw. And, yes, dear shoppers, "surrey, fringe top, very nice" also for sale. You can't make this up.


and finally, from the Law Enforcement Blotter of the local paper

" A Fishtail resident reported two men came to her door selling something and offered her a free mini-Kleenex box as a gift. She told the me she was not interested and they left, but the resident thought the incident was strange." Ya think?




No comments:

Post a Comment