Friday, June 25, 2010

Undaunted

Despite "issues" with every do-it-yourself project this summer, I am taking on a new one. A Big Project. This is a testimony to fearlessness, the inability to learn a lesson, or lack of money. Perhaps all of the above.



Problem: This cabin only has 3 beds and I have dibs on one. There is a crappy futon that can sleep another. My brother and his family are coming in a month and I need 4 beds.



Solutions:

A. I looked into buying a teepee (or tipi) and found a very cool one based on Souix designs. But I am not sure that I would be able to set it up and take it down by myself. In addition, this is a bit of a limited use item and a $500 purchase.



B. I have a free-standing garage! There is a large room over the garage...... that has not been used in - oh- 15 years. but, there is electricity. And, it is spacious. So, off we go.


Step one: drag a nasty mattress and boxspring down a flight of stairs.

Step two: gag

Step three: sweep up 15 years of miller moth particles, rodent droppings, dirt, etc.

Step four: look up "hantavirus" on Internet


that is all for today.... but



Next: use shop vac over whole floor, wash walls



Plan: use stack of old barnwood in garage for trim, exchange fluorescent lights for ceiling fans, paint, paint and paint.



Furnish with thrift store finds.

Stay tuned. I just don't think it is going to go this smoothly.

1 comment: