Friday, September 3, 2010

The Best Birthday Party EVER




Tonight is my last night in Nye. insert visual image of weeping woman.




Deb suggested a send-off burger at Carter's. NO PROBLEMO.




I arrive at Carter's , the local saloon, to find that it is a surprise party for me! Pappy got all dressed up. Gretchen came. Maxey, Lynn and Tom too. Bill was working but in on the gig -- Suzi and Trudy as well. We all sat at the bar and I had a splendid time. even though my birthday is a week away. Beer and the best burger in the world...what else could I want???


Pappy gave me one of the precious "What would Pappy do?" bumper stickers for my new car. Gretchen made a watercolor with an Emerson quote. Tom gave me note cards from his art -- Deb made cupcakes (with funfetti icing whateverthehellthatis) and gave me an audio book on Buddhism and Maxey passed along a symbolic pan flute.

Trudy brought out the cupcakes -- everyone in the bar sang and Tom passed cupcakes all around. Cupcakes and beer? Yummy!!!
....seriously, this was the best birthday party ever with my Montana peeps.
my heart is full. tear ducts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment